The ATEN UC485 is a high quality industrial adapter cable designed to instantly add an RS-422/485 port to your PC or laptop via a USB port. The adapter is powered via the USB connection without needing an external power supply.
The UC485 adapter lets you use a single USB connection to create plug-and-play serial transfers without additional cables or complicated device installations. It lets you connect any RS-485 or RS-422 device to your computer's USB port, without experiencing computer lock-ups, I/O or driver problems. It is the ideal solution for connecting industrial devices such as laboratory machines, measuring equipment, automated systems, monitoring devices, and many more – where mission-critical applications are required.
• Converts a USB port to a Legacy RS-422 or RS-485 COM port
• Fast COM Port Transmission – up to 921.6 Kbps
• Package included DB-9 female to terminal block adapter for easy wiring
• Supports Terminal / ECHO mode by mode selector
• Supports Windows Vista / 7 and above, Mac and Linux
• Plug-and-Play – no power supply needed